Struggling

Newdadstruggling

Struggling

Post by Newdadstruggling » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi guys

New dad and member here

Don't know where to turn at the moment and found this site.

My bubs is nearly 6 weeks old and I'm back at work. My wife looks after bubs and her five year old really well.

However when I pick up baby she screams the house down or won't settle or even eat properly which causes me to stress out really badly. My wife in turn gets stressed because she needs a break and I fell I'm letting all three of them down.

Does anyone else suffer like this and if so how do you best deal with it as all doctors did was give me 14 days sleeping tablets to ensure I could get some sleep but it's not helped my levels of anxiety or any of my family find balance and peace?

Any advice or thoughts would be most helpful as I'm getting to breaking point and I feel so is my wife

Thank you.

Muffinman

Re: Struggling

Post by Muffinman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:48 am

Hi
Went through this myself with both of mine.

Try taking her out in the pram for a walk . Babies love the movement and it normally calm them down. Car rides work as well

kidsinlight

Re: Struggling

Post by kidsinlight » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:53 pm

My drug was and still is: baby wearing. It's like skin to skin contact for babies calm them down, help to build a good connection and deeping the existing bondage. It's never too late to start baby wearing!
Always ask for professional advice, never pop in mothercare etc to pick up a babybjorn carrier. Babys safe and comfort first!
Try a local sling library and always remember if you're carrying your baby it will pay off with a deeper connection!