My Son is Anxious about going back to school

VBLK

My Son is Anxious about going back to school

Post by VBLK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:30 am

My son has always loved school, but he is really anxious about going back because there is a boy in his class who has anger management issues. This other boy isn't actually a bully, I don't think he plans to hurt the other children, but he often loses his temper and then he hits out and he has hurt my son and others on a few occasions. The school is aware and sometimes physically removes the boy from the classroom, but the trouble is, that only happens after he has hurt someone. Another dad tried to raise the issue with the mum and got shouted down. Any advice on what to do?

Omegamale

Re: My Son is Anxious about going back to school

Post by Omegamale » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:30 pm

We had this a couple of years ago. Eventually the child’s parents moved him to another school (where he is apparently doing much better) but not before a lot of anger and upset. It’s crucial to involve the school as quickly as possible. Speak to the class teacher to flag up worries (though the issue is probably not news) and also to the head teacher. Be calm and polite but make it clear that if the incidents continue you will have to make s complaint. You should also encourage other parents to do the same. If the school is made aware of the scale of the problem they will have to do something. It’s not in their interests to ignore the issue and potentially lose pupils.